Completely irrelevant ***** warning!!!

By ddsdavey
Jan 3, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Hi and sorry but i dont know who to ask.
    On the User name part of ANY forum posting most people include a funky character or picture alongside the User name.What is the technical term for these images?I thought they were just called signatures but after googling have found out there not!
    Could someone please explain and also why when you register with a forum they dont usually give you an option for including said designs??? I told you it was irrelevant but i really didnt like the idea of joining some
    Email help forum just for that!!! Hope you can help rather than take the p@@s which im sure i probably deserve!I appreciate any POSITIVE comments you can offer.Cheers.
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

    Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

    It's an avatar.

    Some forums may have had problems with them in the past (such as people using inappropriate images), or they just want to save bandwidth. Pages load faster without images.
  3. ddsdavey

    ddsdavey TS Rookie Topic Starter

    AVATAR! GENIUS!Cheers mate,i had hard the term in the past but dint know what it was.Thankyou.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...