Completely random BSOD all the time

Preston Grayem

I just built a brand new gaming PC, maybe 2 weeks old. The BSOD didn't happen until about 4 days after I first built it. They happened very randomly, never for the same reason or at the same time. I removed one of the sticks of RAM that were in there and the BSOD stopped for about 2 days. Then it started up again. Here are the Minidumps for them. I would like to figure out how to fix this without taking it to a Computer Store.

Attachments

• 022413-28938-01.zip
    265.3 KB · Views: 5
Just went to go turn the comp on and it BSOD again minutes after boot up. Then it wouldn't even start up, it froze on the bios option screen. I turned it off and tried again and it did the same thing, but this time the screen was fuzzy; lots of blue, green, and red dots all over.

Doesn`t sound good. Whats the stop error code and have you got another gpu to test?? If not then power down, switch off the psu button on the back and press the start button to use what little is left in the capacitors...Remove the gpu card, then re-insert it. If this doesn`t work then also do the same with ram and any other pci cards in there..Remove then re-insert again. Sometimes they dont seat properly, especially on new builds with tight slots. Had that happen to a ram slot on a new build and also a sound card once.

Where would I find the stop error code? I'm just about to Remove the GPU and RAM and re-insert them, sadly I do not have another GPU to try.

When it blue screens you should see a code come up. It should look something like STOP: 0x000000EA . The code at the end is the clue as to what might be causing it but try the re-seating thing 1st as it may help.

I just finished re-inserting all the pieces and it turned on fine this time. A window popped up when I came to the desktop screen, it says windows has additional information on the problem. A bunch of BCCode and BCP1-BCP2-BCP3 etc stuff. Is any of that useful information? Or do I need to wait for it to crash again to see?

Well it booted up ok at least. Dunno if the codes will be useful as its just windows informing you.Keep them recorded if you think you may need them. If it was the hardware not properly seated then it may have fixed it. Sometimes even a second re-seat may be necessary but not often. It`s very hard to diagnose problems without a hands on and also some spare hardware to check if its a certain part like the gpu. In my experience if hardware goes bad it`s usually very shortly after its been used for the first time as in your case. If it goes for a few months it will usually last for years. I have never had hardware dead on arrival in loads of pc builds for myself and others but it does happen now and then. I would record temperatures on any new build too of the cpu etc just to make sure all was running ok. Also it does no harm just to do a once over on all cables and make sure they're seated well too like the sata and power cables going to various components. They can easily get knocked out slightly and not be noticed.

Alrighty then. I've honestly cracked it open and reseated stuff close to 8 times since I got it about 2 weeks ago. When and if it crashes on me again I'll have the camera on deck and try to take a picture of the blue screen, then maybe we might be able to zero in on the problem and properly handle it. Hopefully it's not a faulty GPU, that would make me very sad haha.

Alrighty then. I've honestly cracked it open and reseated stuff close to 8 times since I got it about 2 weeks ago. When and if it crashes on me again I'll have the camera on deck and try to take a picture of the blue screen, then maybe we might be able to zero in on the problem and properly handle it. Hopefully it's not a faulty GPU, that would make me very sad haha.
Fingers crossed for ya..Good luck!

Did you mount the motherboard properly by making sure all the mounting screws were screwed into standoffs and not directly to the case metal?

Back