Completely random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remnant

My computer restarts randomly.. sometimes it's twice a day.. sometimes it's once after 3 days... and so on... the screen goes dark and the comp reboots, just as if someone pressed the reset button my cpu.

It happens anytime, when my system is idling at the desktop, playing games, or surfing the net. At first, it the a restart occurs 10 minutes after startup regardless of what programs i'm running, after restarting it won't happen anymore unless i power down the comp. Now, it's just completely random restarts.

I've done a memtest and a diskcheck already, can you guys help me out with the minidumps? Thanks a lot..

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I believe you have two problems.

One is memory corruption, possibly caused by faulty ram. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

The other problem is the driver DM9PCI5.SYS. This your CNet Technology, Inc. NDIS 5.0 driver. Try updating the driver.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi,

Two of minidumps crashed with 1 byte memory corruption. Your everest report shows that your ram have different speed.

SPD Memory Modules:
DIMM1: Kingston K 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM2: Apacer Tech. 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-4-4-7 @ 166 MHz)

Change your ram to have the same clock frequency.

Before that i was running on the single Apacer, I just added the Kingston 2 days ago. Anyway the Apacer passed 8 memtests... hmmm strange..

Gonna try taking out the apacer.. Thanks! :stickout:
Err.. what about the other crashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back