Comprehensive XP book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patosan

I know I'm late starting ... I'm about to get a new pc and load winXP. I'm in Japan my wife is Japanese so we always use Jp version os which makes mod work and even basic question boxes interesting for me. I believe XP has an option to change the dialogue boxes' language.

With our win ME I've found it invaluable to have an English reference book and now want to find a good one on XP. In my case the more screenshots the better ... so that I can compare against the Jp screens I'll encounter. What book can you guys suggest ?

I found "Windows XP Inside Out, 2nd ed." on Amazon ... it seems fairly comprehensive, certainly big and expensive, plus an e-book version loading. Anyone had experience with it ?

I use the Windows XP Pro Resource Kit Book 3rd edition.

Its a huge book and very detailed. I bought it on Amazon also

Mictlantecuhtli said:
Yes, but you need to install a Multilanguage User Interface pack.
Thanks for the link ... it showed that my impression of MUI was wrong.
It's no good for us since we use Japanese version of windows. I'm after English dialogue boxes
... like I could partially do with Japanese win ME.
Microsoft states that MUI is for adding to English ver of windows plus NOT for Home ed, Pro only.

korrupt said:
It should still work regardless of whether its pro or home...
Well whether it actually does or not is not a concern since I'm not using English windows and wanting Asian capability.
I have Japanese windows ... so I'm after a good XP book with screenshots in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back