compTIA or MCSE????

By nick_brien53
Aug 18, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. I have already passed Network+ exam 2 days before. Quite easy now I am in job and have very little time for myself. I can spare two hours daily for preparation. For which certification should I go now? Please suggest
    some resource too. Should I've to continue on compTIA certification or can I switched over to MCSE. Which are of greater demanding and increase my reputation and salary both.
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,289   +262

A few years ago I would've told you to follow the MCSE track... but these days it seems everyone has one. The CompTIA track is pretty much the same too. The best place I can think of that isn't supersaturated yet is the Cisco track, but I wouldn't go that way unless you have a real passion for networking.
  3. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

you'd be best off if you had your mcse a lower priority among certs. that's the way it is with employers around here, anyways.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.