Computer acting weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone at techspot,
I just registered after reading topic. I hope I did everything right if not then I am sorry and please someone move my topic to the right section or delete it.

Ok here is the deal, my computer been acting weird for some time now. I have AVG Anti-virus, Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy installed. When I run Spybot Search and Destroy it gives me a lists of spyware but when I delete them they keep comming back. I didn't know what to do so I downloaded HijackThis and followed the instructions on the topic mentioned up there. Here is my log hopefully someone can help me.

Thank you all.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

According to your HJT log, you`re running two instances of HJT.

I suggest you completely get rid of HJT, then do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ForgottenFoxx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SpyCatcher 2006

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)

O2 - BHO: SpywareBlock Class - {0A87E45F-537A-40B4-B812-E2544C21A09F} - C:\Program Files\SpyCatcher 2006\SCActiveBlock.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\SpyCatcher 2006<delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ForgottenFoxx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much Howard for your fast responses and helpfull replies. I did everything you wrote and hopefully my computer will be better protected with the help of Zone Alarm and AVG Anti-Spyware.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back