Computer automatically restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,rite now im runnning my computer in safe mode with networking, but whenever i start my computer normally and select a user to log in as about 5 minutes after the computer jst restarts!! can sum1 help me plz!!

I'd say a driver or software error
check event viewer
thats a right click on my computer/manage /
if no help there just keep disabling something till it starts to work

post up a few of the most recent ones.

If you can manage to get to C:\Windows\Minidump folder, attatch 5 of the most recent ones here and one of us will have a look at them.

hi!!!
i too got the same problem that when i starts my PC it automatically turns off.what i did to solve this problem is i cleaned the RAM n then i started it, again does same.then i opened the Processor fan and when i saw the coolant paste is fully dry then i applied the paste and nmow its working without any problem

JamesR said:
hey all,rite now im runnning my computer in safe mode with networking, but whenever i start my computer normally and select a user to log in as about 5 minutes after the computer jst restarts!! can sum1 help me plz!!
if your computer is automatically restarting, disable the auto-restart on system failure.
to do this, right-click on my computer and select "properties".
go to tab 'advanced' and under 'startup snd recovery' select settings and uncheck "automatically restart".
now u should get the BSOD and it will let you know which driver is malfunctioning or wat is going wrong.
try disabling that driver if you kno it isnt important, or make a backup of that file and delete it.

Start > Run and type in msconfig

Select "Diagnostic Startup" click ok and reboot.

**this will boot your PC in normal boot, but since all services and startups are disabled it will be kind of like safe mode.**

If your reboot is successfull and your pc is now stable, go back into msconfig and go to the Services tab and select one checkbox. Click Ok and reboot again.

**this will take a while, but you can find out the offending programs or whatever that is causing this startup.**

For every sucessfull reboot, check another box and continue untill your PC becomes unstable again. Uncheck that one and reboot to confirm, then continue with the next check box after that, noting which service/startup entry is causing the instability. Do the same for the startup tab as well. There could be more than one service(s)/startup entries causing the instability.

once you have that list of processes that are causing your trouble, google its name and see what they belong to, and if its a certain program you have, if there are fixes to it etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back