Computer boot trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnasahai

Computer desktop, make: Great Quality, model: GQ3081

Earlier it had windows xp service pack 2. It was being updated to service pack 3 when it started giving trouble. It was decided to install the operating system afresh. Original disk was used. The hard disk was formatted in the process of installing attempt and then it automatically tried to install the operating system.The screen then and even now reads,"Error loading operating system", whenever the computer is powered on. Hence, it has no operating system. The computer does not take any command from keyboard.

Please advise Thanks.

Cold boot to the Windows disk, and try removing the existing partition.
Next, reboot, and format the drive, then reboot and attempt the install once more.
It will take some time, but it will give you a clean install if every component is working properly... and a starting point to fix it if it is not.
What is the brand and model of the hard drive, and what is the date code for the drive.
Do you have all the drivers you will need to set it up after Windows is installed... If not, you will have problems until those drivers for video, chipset, ethernet, audio are installed.

What kind of trouble?

I am giving the problem more clearly, below:
Computer desktop, make: Great Quality, model: GQ3081

Earlier it had windows xp service pack 2. It was being updated in a routine manner to gradually have service pack 3 before the dead-line by microsoft(Jul.13.2010). No special down-loading of sevice pack 3 as a package was attempted. The up-dating process was not succesful. It was decided to install the operating system afresh. Original disk was used. The hard disk was formatted in the process of "installing attempt" and then it automatically tried to install the operating system.The screen then and even now reads,"Error loading operating system", whenever the computer is powered on. Hence, it has no operating system. The computer does not take any command from keyboard.

One thing that is not clear to me yet is whether the operating system completed installation. You imply that it started to install but didn't really finish. Is that correct?

Regarding the keyboard, if you are using a USB keyboard try using a PS/2 keyboard if one is available.

Are you able to enter the BIOS? I'm trying to see where the trouble lies.

I wonder if the motherboard has failed. Can you try another keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back