TechSpot

Computer boots and freezes a few minutes after loading

By MrImno
Oct 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Someone please help me ive had this problem now for about a week and a half, I literally log in and the computer starts up as usual, few minutes down the line and everything except the mouse then about a minute later the mouse freezes as well forcing me to have to power id down manually.

Strangely enough this issue doesn't occur in safe mode or safe mode with networking.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I'M SUFFERING.
    (I need to play the bf4 open beta!!!)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

"Strangely enough this issue doesn't occur in safe mode or safe mode with networking"... because in Safe Mode only basic drivers are used. This may be a memory issue or caused by a failing power supply

3. MrImno

MrImno TS Rookie Topic Starter

Surely the issue is then with one of the drivers that don't turn on in safe mode, I've tried updating but they don't work in safe mode, and I don't have enough time to update them if I start the computer in its normal mods

4. Tmagic650

When you have time check the device manager and see if you see any (!)

5. MrImno

MrImno TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I say I dont have time I mean the computer freezes before I can't even scan for outdated/failing drivers before it freezes on me

6. Tmagic650

Try another hard drive...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.