TechSpot

computer case air flow question

By dustin_ds3000
Oct 14, 2007
  1. ok here is the inside of my case, http://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2303/cat/501

when the case side is off the cpu temp at idle is 37.2C and with load is 40.5C,
    but with the side on the temp is 40C idle/45C load. i did have three 80mm fans on the side window but when i took them off i seen that my temps were lower without them can anybody help

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

it depends on where the fans are pointing

also it could be that the fans are keeping hot air inside the case instead of letting it out

try unplugging the fans and see how it affects the temps

3. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 869   +8

i have 2 120mm fans-one is the front, pushing air in and one in the back, pulling air out, 2 80mm in the in the psu blowing out, 1 80mm on top windows pushing air out, 3 80mm fans on the side window pushing in

4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

see what happens to the temps when you unplug the fans in the side window

if you have a fan blowing over the cpu then that should help your temps but also if the other fans are keeping the hot air in then it can raise your case temp which is turn can raise your cpu temp because hot air is being blown onto the hot heatsink so it doesn't cool it down as much as cool air

5. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

the ideal method
    is
    same cfm in same cfm out
    front cool on the bootm in
    back hot as close to top out
    I have 2 fans pulling in across drives
    2 fans on cpu's
    the psu fan out and another fan out
    case at 38c
    cpu's at 35 working not idle
    thats my story and I'm stick'n to it

6. gex1991

gex1991 TS Rookie Posts: 27

air flow is specialy designed to send hot air from the front of the case to the back, so check your directions of were the fans are pointing, or maybe there are so many it is caussing a disturbing flow and causing more heat to generate, eather way good luck with that

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.