Computer cpu runs at 50% idling all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj20032005

Hey all,

Have a quick question about my cpu.

First of all i have a gigabyte 965p-ds3 mobo, e6300 conroe 1.86 dual core cpu, evga 7600gt 256mb 128 bit video card, corsair valueselect 1gig 667 ddr2ram, and a thermaltake tr2-430w powersupply.

My computer constantly runs at 50% cpu usage at an idle and the pf usage is around 275.

I do not have any spyware or viruses in my computer that i know of. I have 4 spyware and adware scanners, and a suite that has a firewall and virus with other settings, i also have another firewall on top of that.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't know if I can help you but I presume you are looking at the Task Manager for your CPU usage. If so, what process or processes are using resources?

the biggest processes.

they are vsmon.exe at 12,000, rthdcpl.exe at 30,000, explorer.exe at 14,000, several svchost.exe at about 5,000 and one at 23,000, and isafe.exe at 18,000. I have a total of 30 processes at idle and all the ones not mentioned are 7,000 or below.

hope this tells something.

vsmon.exe - is a part of Zone Alarm( your firewall). That might be taking up all of your resources. Just try disabling it for a little and mess around to see if thats making all of the congestion.

rthdcpl.exe is apart of Realtek HD Audio Control Panel. It just manages your audio. You could try and disable that as well just tosee if it functions better.

SVChost.exe - Part of your OS
Isafe.exe - Part of your zone alarm.

How many processes are running in task manager total?

Do you remember installing anything before your CPU usage started to rise?

all i can say is that rthdcpl.exe is a useless process that eats up too much ram.
it's just a shortcut for your media accessories available at the system tray.
remove it from the start-up by deleteing it's entries in the registry by using a software like regcleaner available here -> LINK
post a HijackThis log for solutions.

svchost.exe apart from being a system porcess is used by some virus/spyware/malware. So, just in case, check if all the instances of svchost running in ur system are called from the same path (c:\windows\system32) if not then U have an infection.

On the other hand there is a lot of pseudo antyspyware programs listed here:
http://www.vsantivirus.com/lista-nospyware.htm
the site is in spanish but check is some of urs are included in the list, these programs are spywares by itself.

for me the best combination of free antyspyware are: adaware SE personal edition (from lavasoft), spywareblaster (from javacool software) and SpyBot Serach and Destroy, I have been using from a long time ago and keeping my system clean.

Some antivirus are high resources consumers, check the one that U have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back