Computer crashed, and now I have weird lines on my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... My computer has crash twice now, the first time I've though nothing of it. The second time, I was obviously pissed off. I turned the critter back on and I have this on my screen.

Screenshot 1
And when I move things on screen...
Screenshot 2

Now the weird thing is this.
1) I have no weird programs running in the background which kind of rules out any melicous software, unless of course it's not running like that. (I could blame my comp crashing to hot weather and it's overheating?)

2) I downloaded new drivers to see if that would fix the problem. When I uninstalled my old drivers (I had to restart of course) My screen was back to normal... Yes!
I Installed the new drivers, and I've reverted to lines of death. Is this a graphics card problem? Like something phsyically wrong with my graphics card? Or... Has something gone seriously wrong with windows.
I believe something has been corrupted when my computer crashed.

This is a first for me, I've tried system restore. New drivers... Only thing else is possibly a reformat. I'm fearing there's something wrong with the card itself, but then I don't understand why it works fine without drivers. (If wasn't for the fact I couldn't play games and extreme laggyness in some areas, I'de just stick with no drivers...)

Anyways any help would be very much apriecated.

Hi, I've seen some wierd things in my time and this is a wieeeerd one. I would try reinstalling your motherboard chipset drivers then reinstalling the graphics card drivers afterwards. Was going to suggest you have corrupt wallpaper but the pattern seems to extend over the taskbar and your windows as well.

It is still possible that you have mallware on your system even if it does not show up on process list, so do a full system scan with updated antispyware and antivirus. if graphics card works without manufacturers drivers under windows standard VGA drivers then i dont think there is any problem with the card. it could be that windows system is corrupted so run a disk check and if you can run a repair reinstall with your windows xp CD then you should try that as a last resort before reformatting and reinstalling.

hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back