Computer crashing intermittently

I have a 5 year old Dell i3 desktop running Windows 7. It started crashing intermittently from March this year. Recently it has begun crashing on a daily basis.

When I look at the Reliability Monitor in the Action Center it shows critical events "Windows stopped working and shut down unexpectedly". Also other critical events include other software stopped working (Outlook, Norton AV, Windows Audio).

Each time the computer crashes it restarts and then works fine for a while.

I have attached a zip file of the minidump dmp files from when I first noticed the computer crashing.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• dmp files.zip
    594.1 KB · Views: 10
Haven't looked at the dump, but easy first steps would be
  1. update the audio driver
  2. uninstall Norton (get something else, later)
You could also get good insight by viewing the system logs with Eventvwr.msc and scroll through the system log

This Dell could use a fresh Windows install without Norton. Once a computer starts having issues with Norton installed, nothing else can be done. The minidumps show a real mess...

This Dell could use a fresh Windows install without Norton. Once a computer starts having issues with Norton installed, nothing else can be done. The minidumps show a real mess...
Thanks for taking a look at the minidumps, I'm going to do a fresh Windows install this weekend. Is there anything in the minidumps that could indicate a hardware issue?

Back