Computer crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecabezo

Hi,
I'll try to be as brief as I can. Aweek ago I installed a GeForce 7600GS togeth with 2*1Mb matched ddr402 ram. My system is XP pro, Gigabyte GA-81875 motherboard with Pentium4 2.8mhz.
Virtually immediatly it started to reboot. So I removed the Graphics card and reinstalled my origional GeForce MX440 SE-t expecting the problem to go away.
Since then I've had 2 BSOD. I have Winternals Navigator which suggested VAX347b.sys as a culprit, I uninstalled Alcohol but it didn't remove the driver from windows system so I removed the file to the desktop. Needless to say my computer is still rebooting.Winternals suggested I verify all drivers which I have done, which is making the computer run very slowly, a short time ago I had another reboot which winternals suggested that the driver AFD.sys could be at fault but the windows report of the reboot said that I should 1) install the latest version of graphics driver, which I have then2) Manually decrease hardware acceleration for my video card, which I'm unsure how to do.
Would using system restore back to before I changed the Graphics card help?

I noticed in some previous posts that sending a Zipped copy of dump files to the forum would help diagnose the problem but again I'm unsure how to do this.

Hope you can help

Rgards,
Dave

Hum.. How about the obvious? You installed video and RAM. Replacing video did not help. How about testing/replacing the RAM?

You should always test your system RAM whenever you touch it.

Agreed,
My next step is to remove the ram but I've tested the ram with 3 separate memory programs and it's past each test.
I will remove the ram, see what happens and then perhaps try to restore pre ram and graphics card.

Many thanks for your reply,

Will let you know what happens,

Kind regards,

Dave

Dave, to access your Minidumps do the following:

Go to C drive > go to Windows Folder > find Minidump Folder and click on said folder. There will be Minidump files within. I usually make a temporary folder on my desktop screen and transfer my Minidumps files for easy access.

When you post back to this thread attach Minidumps like you would any file or document; the best way is to put them in a Zip format if you can, especially if you have a number of them.

sorry Route 44,

Can you give me step by step instructions how to upload my zip file.
I have the dump files in a zip file on my desktop but I understand there is a limit on size.

Sorry but I'm a complete novice on this board.

Regards,

Dave

Click on Post Reply and scroll down to where you see Manage Attachments and click it on.

A screen will pop up and you will read Upload From Your Computer with a Browse button next to it.

Hit Browse and locate your Folder that containes your Zip File. Click on your ZIP file and then click on Upload.

Your file should attach and then post your reply.

If it will not attach you may have too big a a Zp file (cannot exceed 100.0 kb). I would then make 2 or 3 Zips and attach them.

No. When you hit browse and found your file, did you clickon the file you wanted, then click on open and then Upload?

Hi,
Just to let you know that it looks as if I've solved the problem. The computer has been running for about 12hrs now and all OK. I moved the 2*1gb memory simms to different slots on the motherboard and seemed to cure it.
regards,

Dave

Yeah, Dave! I hadn't responded because your dump error reads were all over the place and I realized that it was going to take some time. You have just confirmed the fact that memory issues can really cause all kinds of issues and errors.

Glad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back