Computer Dies at Boot / Screen FuNKY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. it's come down to this.. i hope everyone can help me..i have a 3.2ghz Intel P4 hooked up to a Gigabyte 8GNXP-Duo and first of all i have a little cousin who threw a remote at my computer and ever since then it has been chaos.. first my screen wouldnt come on.. i fixed that with POST (Power on Self Test)..the problem was that my cpu got budged..it worked fine for a week then bam this happend...

DCFC0006.JPG

DCFC0007.JPG

DCFC0008.JPG

No the camera is not messed up... when i boot my computer i get a nice boot up beep from the speaker and then the screen messes up and it freezes?.. anyone have any idea what is going on?..maybe my cpu / mobo is messed up..
ps i cant get into BIOS or anything..

help please... :( .. ive trouble shooted it already... (taken out of case, ran one memory with only gfx card installed..nothin works ... :( )

i think its the motherboard, i remember just recently my computer would go to the windows screen lag, then get all blurry and go into hibernate. it was a defective mobo..

have you tried a different grafix card altogether? How about beeps? do you have a system speaker plugged in? the beep codes will tell you a lot about what the system is experiencing.

Best of luck,

Wayne

i dont kno anyone else with a PCI-express gfx.. my best luck is to bring it to best buy or something but yet i dont wanna waste money if i can fix it my self..

i get one beep.. and that means the system is fine.. i hope?..haha right?..yeah.. i dont get it ..im freakin lost!..help help..please

I think 0009 is right. Even if you had onboard video, you wouldnt be able to get into the BIOS to enable it... sooo.... have you shorted the bios reset pins? If so, this will probably require an RMA from the mobo manufacturor. This may even be an excuse to upgrade to ATI xFire!

Wayne

Bios reset pins

check the mobo manual, there should be a jumper to manually reset the BIOS on the mobo. If you look at the mobo, its probably on the lower front quadrant, next to the front panel connections.

Wayne

i found it..but i dont think resetting the bios or anything will help me..becuase i cant even get into the bios..hah

You don't need to go in the BIOS to reset it on the motherboard as far as I know all you need is a screwdriver and hands. It might even fix the problem.

Try to see if some pins are bent and touching themselves and if every cards and connections are well seated.

worth a shot, make sure youve got the pc off and unplugged, with power discharged, before you switch the jumper.

Wayne

In situations like this, resetting the bios is definitely one thing you should do.
Have you taken the mobo out of the case as it sounds like maybe something is shorting out?
What you do mean when you say your cpu got budged, i have never heard of that word budge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back