Computer doesn't go into post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Hoping somebody may be able to help a newbie out with an issue I'm having.

I have a computer that won't enter into it's post. When powered up, the fans all run fine and it will even display video, but it just freezes at the "Biostar" display screen.

Motherboard = Biostar M7SUA

This started happening after a software upgrade that required a reboot, but I have a suspicion that this is more of a hardware problem rather than a result of an upgrade to software since it doesn't even go into post. However, the computer worked fine up until this reboot was done.

Wondering if this is a possible bios issue and how to proceed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

It's the other way around! It's more likely, almost definitely, that it's the software upgrade!

I used to be a high tech engineer and upgrades are notorious for problems. Some developer either doesn't test his/her upgrade enough or not at all ("Aw, this otta to work!" but doesn't!!)

Revert back to the version without the upgrade and everything should work again.

Forgot to add, first go into BIOS and disable POST so you can boot to your Desktop. Then undo the upgrade or re-install the previous version of that software. Then restart, turn POST on and see what happens.

almcneil said:
Forgot to add, first go into BIOS and disable POST so you can boot to your Desktop. Then undo the upgrade or re-install the previous version of that software. Then restart, turn POST on and see what happens.

Hang on ,,, you can disable POST ??

Ermm thought that POST was something that couldnt be turned off, as it has to run ?

Regards

The ability to disable POST varies from manufacturer to manuacturer. Some allow you to disbale certain tests, others you can't disable anything. I was thinking that if there's a test that his system is failing that can be disabled then he can get to his Desktop. Worth checking out.

I just checked my own BIOS. I knew already that I can skip memory tests but that's the only one it allows. But it does allow ot choose if you wish to skip the POST results and continue on with booting which is just another way of disabling POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back