Computer doesnt POST,no beep codes,not processor,not video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerBello

Alright, I bought a bunch of new stuff for my computer(case,ram,hdd coolers,heatsink and fan.) It worked for several days until today when i went to turn it on,and it wont POST. The fans spin,and will spin forever if I let them,but it doesnt POST.

I switched out the processor to see if it was that,thank god it wasnt.

I took out all RAM to see if i could pull a beep out of the thing and,nada.

I reseated the processor several times.

The speaker is connected.

I tried several video cards both AGP and PCI in several different slots.

I unplugged everything except for RAM,Video,and Processor.

I reset the CMOS several times.

Nothing seems to work :X

What now?

Thanks much,
Tyler Bello

Does the motherboard support integrated graphics? If so, try booting without your video card (eliminating another thing).

Other than that, sounds like the motherboard is dead. Got a spare hanging around to test?

I just had the same problem with a friend's system and had to replace the motherboard.

Good Luck!

Thats what i was thinking,yes i do have a spare one hanging around(but it wont support my CPU or RAM)which kind of eliminates the entire system. I too would conclude that it is infact the motherboard,but why so sudden?

( oh,and no there is no integrated video)

Thanks much :),
Tyler

The people at machspeed acknowleged the problem and RMA'd the mobo for me.

Thankyou machspeed,They are in fact the greatest company i ever have worked with.

Thanks,
Tyler

Re: First Post

You may have damaged the BIOS try flashing the system with na updatted version, some times this is hard to do, I will give you a hint that will help you, get a 98/98Se boot disk with the bios flash on it you should write a batch file so the disk will auto run the flash .exe (make sure you back your old BIOS up to another disk).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back