Computer doesnt POST,no beep codes,not processor,not video.

By TylerBello
May 30, 2005
  1. Alright, I bought a bunch of new stuff for my computer(case,ram,hdd coolers,heatsink and fan.) It worked for several days until today when i went to turn it on,and it wont POST. The fans spin,and will spin forever if I let them,but it doesnt POST.

I switched out the processor to see if it was that,thank god it wasnt.

I took out all RAM to see if i could pull a beep out of the thing and,nada.

I reseated the processor several times.

The speaker is connected.

I tried several video cards both AGP and PCI in several different slots.

I unplugged everything except for RAM,Video,and Processor.

I reset the CMOS several times.

Nothing seems to work :X

What now?

Thanks much,
    Tyler Bello
  2. Grok451

Grok451 TS Booster Posts: 85

Does the motherboard support integrated graphics? If so, try booting without your video card (eliminating another thing).

Other than that, sounds like the motherboard is dead. Got a spare hanging around to test?

I just had the same problem with a friend's system and had to replace the motherboard.

Good Luck!
  3. TylerBello

TylerBello TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Thats what i was thinking,yes i do have a spare one hanging around(but it wont support my CPU or RAM)which kind of eliminates the entire system. I too would conclude that it is infact the motherboard,but why so sudden?

( oh,and no there is no integrated video)

Thanks much :),
  4. TylerBello

TylerBello TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

The people at machspeed acknowleged the problem and RMA'd the mobo for me.

Thankyou machspeed,They are in fact the greatest company i ever have worked with.

5. Secondgunman

Secondgunman TS Rookie Posts: 91

Re: First Post

You may have damaged the BIOS try flashing the system with na updatted version, some times this is hard to do, I will give you a hint that will help you, get a 98/98Se boot disk with the bios flash on it you should write a batch file so the disk will auto run the flash .exe (make sure you back your old BIOS up to another disk).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.