Computer doesnt run bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here is the problem is gory detail:

I have recently purchased a computer and it ran beautifully, until one day, after hitting 'Shut Down', the computer turned off, but all of the fans did not. I figured it was just cooling itself down, so paid no attention, but when I tried to turn it on the next day, nothing happened. All of the fans are still on, and the power button has no effect whatsoever, wether I hold it or push, its all the same, with no beep. The reset button is equally useless. The HDD LED on the front of the case is always on, but the power one is off. The fans remain on unless I unplug the power cord to the computer, and when I plug it back it, they start up again. Also, the cd rom doesn't open. I've tried reseating the CPU and the RAM, no go. It almost seems as if some switch has been left jammed in the on position. The CPU is an AMD Athalon 64 4000+, the motherboard is an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe, and the power supply is a Kingwin 450 watt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in Advance.

that's a good buard but a bad psu, the latter of which is the part i most suspect. can you take ti back on the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back