Computer feels slow + SATA HDD format (Plz help)

By snaarffie
Nov 9, 2004
  1. right i have a number of problems with my pc and i duno what i did to get em (lol noobish i know but bear with me)

right firstly when i start up the pc it takes over a min to load msn(which is auto startup) and the taskbar is normally frozen.

secondly the pc is generaly runnin very slow at all things

3rd how do i go about formatting a sata drive- i tried with the windows xp cd from startup but it only installs the os i think not format it(just to try to see if this helps)

any help would rule

- Please use proper thread titles
  2. DaMOOseMAn

DaMOOseMAn TS Rookie

If your Hard Drive manufacturer gave you a cd, it should have a formatting program on it. Boot from disk before you boot up ur system. If you don't have a cd. Go to your HD manufactures website. They should have something you could use to reformat on their website, you could download it from them.
  3. snaarffie

snaarffie TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx m8 ill have a look but the samsung site aint exactly good lol n e ideas on the rest o the probs or u recon this will sort it all out?
  4. snaarffie

ill have a look at the samsung site but its a bit crappy

u think this will solve all the probs or not?
  5. me(who else?)

me(who else?) TS Rookie Posts: 387

1 and 2 could probably be because of spyware. Download Spybot S&D (see downloads) and Ad-Aware (same place). For number 3, the disk that came with the HD should work, but you could format with format if you had the drivers. Just boot to a floppy and format your SATA drive.

P.S. Please make an effort to spell properly... it really bugs me :D
  6. snaarffie

yup the harddrive i baught was oem so i got no disks/manuals and the manual from the site is an instilation guide to a ide hard drive :p

ps sorry for the bad spelling but im severally dyslexic so spelling is bad
  7. me(who else?)

me(who else?) TS Rookie Posts: 387

Sorry, I worded that wrong, I don't mean things like typing this as thsi accidentally once in a while. The whole "r u guing to teh mall l8tr?" thing is what bugs me. It's nothing major, it just makes posts easier to read when there's not a lot of slang and abbreviations.

/me exits rant mode
  8. snaarffie

lol ok ill be all proper with my posts from now on :D
  9. snaarffie

woot the pc is now running fine as. thanks for the help. turns out that it was my network card- i dont know why as iv had it in for ages. so anyway thaks for the help on formatting guys
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.