Computer Freeze & beep

kh1068

Hello all my laptop which I use for work often freezes when using internet explorer or google sometimes to the extent that I cant do anything else and have to leave it until it beeps and then it works OK again.

I have never changed anything on it and it seemed to run perfectly well until the last couple of months but I cant think of anything I did to make this happen.

I have had a look to see what info you need to start with. I hope I have it right.

[FONT=Arial]CPU:[/FONT] ASUS A53E[FONT=Arial]
[FONT=Arial]Motherboard: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU@2.20 GHZ[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 6.00GB (5.78 usuable)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]GPU: Intel (R) Display audio[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]PSU (do not leave this out): How do I find this?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]OS: Windows 7[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Any ideas or help will be much appreciated.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Kevin[/FONT][/FONT]

"PSU (do not leave this out): How do I find this?"... It's a laptop. The power supply is a battery or AC adapter... What antivirus program are you using?

Hi thanks for the reply

I use AVG antivirus 2013.

I just use the power adapter that came with the computer and the battery that is built in.

Things did seem to be moving a lot quicker. But it has started freezing and then beeping again today.

OK I will give that a go.

If the pen under the laptop does not work have we reached the end of the technical help?

Do you use the laptop on a bed, carpet or on your lap a lot? The CPU/video processor's cooling pads or paste might need replacing by a service center

Back