Computer freezes and different color

Sooo.. For about a month or so, my computer has been frequently freezing and turning gray/white/black etc. It is worst when I first turn on my monitor and as time passes, the color of the screen turns back to how it should be and the freeze disappears. But when I am playing a game, for example league of legends, in champion select, my computer always freezes and turns into variety of colors. Please help. I don't know if it is something wrong with my monitor, my gpu etc. Thank you

This is what it looks like when it is frozen/laggy and in a weird color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it is the GPU. Open the case and make sure the inside is clean and free of dust and dirt. If the GPU is removable, remove it and check it for dust build up. If it has a fan, make sure it is clean and turns freely

Ill try that at home, but do I also need to get new thermal paste also or just dust it off? Cuz I don't have thermal paste at the moment

I haven't checked my GPU yet due to staying outside of the house, but before I left my house, I realized that when I lowered my resolution on my screen from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050, I realized that it works perfectly fine. Is it possible that my monitor is wrong? I mean I I will look into my GPU after I get back home of course.

Also, my GPU looked very clean very few dust. I don't think It's my GPU. Possibly my monitor is almost dead?

Back