TechSpot

Computer Freezes and Occasionally Restarts

By k4mr4n
May 4, 2006
  1. Dear All,

Got a bit of a problem with my computer. It keeps on freezing on me, I mean its doing my head in, don’t know how to cure it hence me here. The computer suddenly freezes and doesn’t respond to anything (until I reset the plug). This is really annoying and I cant run any programs, because as I do then it freezes. The problem is that prior to it freezing, MOST occasions the CPU is very high and that’s why I believe it crashes.

Another problem which is less frequent is that the computer restarts occasionally, but could also be a partner to the problem.

Viruses, adware and Spyware are checked but that doesn’t solve the problem, in fact their was a timeline when the computer was ok but suddenly the problem has re arisen (had the problem a while back, weeks NOT Months).

However currently, Tried a variety of things, but still no luck.

I tried the restore one on 2 different dates 18 and 23 march and the computer says not possible and choose another date.

More Symptoms.

- The Computer starts restarting occasionally.

- When I open Photoshop, in 1 particualr file, the font is not recognised.

- when ever I am running a program, that program has high cpu.

- Sometimes the programs switch, like i be on a site and i have my computer in the background, then my computer comes forward occasionally.

I have done a recovery and starting again, all clean and installed a couple of the usual programs (media, real, quicktime and few others),

But after looking promising the F"^*"*%G PROBLEM IS back, the computer froze on a couple of occasions and once it restarted and after the restart got the following error;

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : 92D0A5D4 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : 8056A902
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\meeee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERce82.dir00\Mini 050406-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\meeee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERce82.dir00\sysd ata.xml

tried accessing the following folders but were not present.

PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEELP

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me please.

Thank you

2. k4mr4n

k4mr4n TS Rookie Topic Starter

Please anyone, would be very grateful

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,484   +233

May we know your system specifications?

4. k4mr4n

k4mr4n TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks but what information and where do i get it from, sorry i aint the brianeist when it comes to computers but no my fair share.

Thanks again

5. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

Before I get all over you about heat, RAM, PSU, HDD etc. let's try a couple quicker things.

Have done a disk clean and then a defrag lately? You can dwnload CCleaner freeware it does a really good job. When's the last time you updated your mobo drivers? All of them.

Cheers.

Edit: ooops missed this: dwnload CPU-Z and post the results, it will tells us everything we need.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.