Computer freezes during game p4 3.0 radeon 9700

By Legoflamb
May 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My friend just bought a new computer because his old one died it's:

P4 3.0ghz HT
    Foxconn mobo (I'm not sure which exactly)
    Radeon 9700
    Crucial 512mb ram
    Edit: He's on windows xp home as well

Now the computer was on basically all day yesterday while I updated windows and installed a load of programs for him but when I put pro evolution soccer 6 on you can only get part way through a match before it freezes.

It doesn't crash - just freezes. I've had it before where my graphics card was overheating and when playing a game it would turn the computer off completely or restart it - this is just freezing.

I've reinstalled the game and it's still doing it. Just on the off chance I re downloaded direct x but have not had a chance to install it as I had to come home last night.

Any ideas what's doing this?

I suppose I should install some other games to see if it is a graphics issue, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance guys!
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

One thing that stands out is that the system only has 512 megs of RAM. Gaming with XP works best with 2 gigs.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.