Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs: Intel Celeron D 2.93 Ghz
Mobo- ASUS P4S800D-X
RAM: 2xKingston 512MB 1xCorsair 512MB @ 400
PSU: 430W

Video Card: XFX GeForce 6600GT
AUDIO: SB Audigy 2ZS w/ Logitech Z5300

I have had an ongoing issue with my computer that I recently built (not all parts are new) and have posted on all sorts of forum boards to try to solve it, and cannot figure out the problem. My problem occurs when I play any game (Half Life 2, SW Battlefront II, Jedi Knight III), my computer's screen just freezes and the sound loops, and the whole system becomes unresposive and i must hit the reset button on the computer.

I have tried numerous things to isolate the problem and have followed many of the methods described in the thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html.

I am sure that my system is stable in terms of overheating. I have run tests on it and also monitored temperatures.

I have updated my video card to the latest drivers, as well as my sound card drivers. Also I tried using hacked Audigy drivers for the sound card.

My original problem was that my computer's screen would just turn blank during games cuz of lack of power so I upgraded my PSU which got rid of that problem. This also leads me to believe the problem is not the PSU

I cannot post any minidumps because my computer does not create them after crashes not can i access the BSOD

I tweaked and reset my pagefile to no avail. I do have a concern with my RAM though....originally memtest was reporting 100 errors, but I fixed this error by properly putting the correct dimm cards in the correct sockets to supply dual channel to the ones I intended. Still however, I get a few errors in memtest...could this be the problem?

Lastly, my Harddrives are both fairly old...I suppose could be another problem.

-Sorry about the long post, but I thought being thourough would be the only way to eliminate confusion. I would appreciate any feedback that you may have for me...Thanks in advance

If memtest throws errors up then that is almost definitely your problem!!!!

Do you get errors on one particular stick or on all of them????

I get much less when my Corsair Stick is out...regardless...I have found that I actually am still receiveing a substantial amount of errors...what can I do? I Can't imagine that all my memory sticks are uselss with this mobo?

If one stick is bad, it can cause the other 3 to go bad as well.

But yes, I'd just yank out all the memory sticks and put some new ones in there.

Are all the sticks definately the same speed????

Can you perhaps get a friend to test them in their pc????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back