Computer Freezes in spite of reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajveer

Hi there:)

I actually have this problem of computer freezing randomly.. whenever i try to run any programme.. or anything whatever it is.. it will freeze i wait for 5 seconds and then it runs back normally.. its a laptop.. i first i thought it was battery issue.. so i removed the battery and ran it on the adapter power.. it did the same thing.. the i thought it was adapter issue so i ran it on battery after charging it completely.. but no change.. hp has a battery check software i ran that it said battery in good condition. Now i don't know exactly what the issue is.. it is under 2 years of warranty.. with more than 465 days remaining.. and Its a Hp dv6-1199ee ..

I dont know.. but i think its the motherboard battery issue.. but can it really die this fast? i have updated most of the drivers..
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/18/2010, 09:02:00
Machine name: RAJ-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_ldr.100218-0019)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3038MB RAM
Page File: 1376MB used, 4898MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

I guess to start with, you may check out Hp dv6-1199ee's hard drive for any issues to start with, then check your system's RAM with memtest (run atleast 8 passes or more).

Please download PC Wizard and check the make of your HDD, once you have determined that, you can go to the manufacturer's site and download their hard disk diagnostic tool to asses the condition/or issues of your HDD. Regards

Ran the memory test.. there seems to be no errors.. i ran it for about 40 minutes.. i am not able to get the diagnostic tool...

Toshiba MK5055GSX HDD is the make of my Hard disk.. any help:$

You need to run memtest for atleast 8 passes ( it will take lot longer, preferably run it when you go to bed).

I am unable to locate diagnostic utility for toshiba hdds. However, you can use TestDisk to do the same task.

okay now i have noticed one more thing i have this software called as SpeedFan lets me know my fan speed and the temperature.. .. what i noticed is that the computer when goes over 40 degrees becomes completely.. unstable.. meaning.. i play youtube videos or even media player videos.. it is totally out of control and freezes..

Could this actually be a overheating issue.. or something?

40C is not that high temperature; e.g. this Core 2 Duo HP notebook I'm using idles at around 34C, with GPU temperature would idle at 44C.

Under load CPU temperatures would reach 62C and GPU temperatures around the same figure as well; without any issues. Although I also happen to use a cooling pad to keep things under control.

As the thing is under warranty I would advise you to take it to HP support and ask them to fix it; instead of doing something at your own which may void your warranty claim in some way.

yeah that is what i was thinking.. i wanted to ask u that.. if the hard disk seems to be a problem.. will the actually replace the hard disk my warranty also has accidental coverage apart from.. lcd crack and other accidental damage will be fixed..

They should; only thing which I appreciate about recent HP models is HP HDD Protect Smart thing, as I have dropped my notebook from about two+ feet height, but that system worked well enough to keep my notebook's HDD safe :)

Anyway, if there is some mechanical issue with the HDD, obviously it can't help.

Goodluck with your warranty issues and I hope HP support will solve your issue. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back