Computer freezes, no restart....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Ive already seen a post like this so I'll try not to be silly and provide as much info as I have.

Board in question is ASROCK PVM800.

Problem we're having is, when I start the machine up, it works fine for 5 minutes or so and then stops, everythign freezes on the machine and the hard drive LED remains solid. I did a hard reboot, switching off at the mains and then restarting, then the restart goes nowhere. No screen info, screen doesnt even come outa standby mode, nothing happens at all. Motherboard has no beeps going on (which usually gives a signal that no ram is present).

I dont know if the ram is buggered or if its the Processor. I tested this using onboard graphics and with a geforce 5200 128MB and both had same results. Locked up after 5 mins, didnt reboot.

Now I left this for a day and I booted it again, works fine for 5 mins, and back off same thing. This leads me to believe I could have a processor problem or a possible overheating problem?

Any information based upon what I have provided you with would be a bonus. I have no hardware testing kits to test power outage unfortunately, but at a best guess, what could possibly be the problem?

I see from other posts that RAM could be screwed, or the Processor fried, can anyone possibly give me more info regarding my situation?

Many Thanks
G

Did you boot into Safe Mode (assuming you can since you gave virtually nothing for info) and still get frozen after 5 minutes?

:)

Can I boot into safe mode???

NO. When it goes down after five minutes of it freshly being started after 2 days rest, it stops. EVERYTHING. I can't see screen, the minute the system is turned on the HDD LED remains steady, no flicker, no sound of windows starting or anything. There is absolutely NOTHING happening. HDD isnt even ticking away as it normally would while its loading, you usually hear a noise as it sorts and loads data etc..... absiolutely ZILCH.

IMPOSSIBLE to get into safe mode after it freezes after the first boot from COLD.

Hope that clarifys things a tad.

Any further help you can offer is a blessing.
Thanks for previous response.

G

:O: - I am beginning to understand why some of the BIG posters here get a little acidic.

I asked if you COULD boot into Safe Mode - I really don't care at this point about your freeze, I want to know if AFTER THE FREEZE AND YOU HAVING TO FORCE SHUTDOWN you can boot into Safe Mode.

Get it now?

Uhm, to be honest, learn to read please...

I have already told you, NO I CANNOT.

Where are you being misled? I CANNOT boot in safe mode, as the SCREEN DOES NOT WORK!!!! NOTHING, ZILCH, NAUGHTA!!! Screen is completely black upon hard reboot. BLANK.

Now Ive told you this about 6 times in previous posts, read.

Now that you have your answer again, have you got a brief idea of what it might be?

Thankyou again.
G

This is what you posted:

"Problem we're having is, when I start the machine up, it works fine for 5 minutes or so and then stops, everythign freezes on the machine and the hard drive LED remains solid."

This is what I asked:

"Did you boot into Safe Mode (assuming you can since you gave virtually nothing for info) and still get frozen after 5 minutes?"

Since you are NOT going to answer what I asked, or you misrepresented what is happening, you figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back