antec sonata mid-atx with 380W
    64 bit x2 3800 anthlon
    kn1 sli Lite motherboard
    geforce 6200 with turboCashe
    2 gigs ram from mushkin
    windows xp pro with sp2
    100 gig sata from maxtor
    sony cdrw

My issue is that every once in a while, anywhere between 1 and 3 hours the computer will just totally freeze up. not rebooting no nothing. i'm surfing the web one moment, next moment my mouse isn't moving. not responding to control alt delete or anything AT ALL. can't figure out if the issue is hardware related or software. I ran mem86 several times and found no problem. temps seem to be relatively cool. nothing ever got above 50C even when running far cry. On an interesting note, I haven't had this happen while running games(even after several hours of play). seems to happen most often when i'm browsing on internet. before reinstalling xp I wanted to post this and see if anyone has any suggestions

thanks,

2. computer help

computer help TS Rookie Posts: 68

Mr Amd Pro Here

download the latest driver for your processor from the AMD web site
    yes that right AMD processor driver for win xp
    and im not talking about cool and quite i mean what im saying
    that will fix your troubles..... im sure 1000% :slurp:

im running an amd 4200 X2 had the same problems

and change your power management settings to minimal

because this plays around with x2 in a bad way !!!!

here 1.2.2.2 http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

let me know please !!!! :)

3. mech55

mech55 TS Rookie Topic Starter

actually the problem I found was that it was my drivers for my airlink usb wireless adapter. this happened everytime I surfed the internet. When I switched to a netgear and uninstalled the airlink (atheros), bam it worked.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.