antec sonata mid-atx with 380W
64 bit x2 3800 anthlon
kn1 sli Lite motherboard
geforce 6200 with turboCashe
2 gigs ram from mushkin
windows xp pro with sp2
100 gig sata from maxtor
sony cdrw

My issue is that every once in a while, anywhere between 1 and 3 hours the computer will just totally freeze up. not rebooting no nothing. i'm surfing the web one moment, next moment my mouse isn't moving. not responding to control alt delete or anything AT ALL. can't figure out if the issue is hardware related or software. I ran mem86 several times and found no problem. temps seem to be relatively cool. nothing ever got above 50C even when running far cry. On an interesting note, I haven't had this happen while running games(even after several hours of play). seems to happen most often when i'm browsing on internet. before reinstalling xp I wanted to post this and see if anyone has any suggestions

thanks,

Mr Amd Pro Here

download the latest driver for your processor from the AMD web site
yes that right AMD processor driver for win xp
and im not talking about cool and quite i mean what im saying
that will fix your troubles..... im sure 1000% :slurp:

im running an amd 4200 X2 had the same problems

and change your power management settings to minimal

because this plays around with x2 in a bad way !!!!

here 1.2.2.2 http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

let me know please !!!! :)

actually the problem I found was that it was my drivers for my airlink usb wireless adapter. this happened everytime I surfed the internet. When I switched to a netgear and uninstalled the airlink (atheros), bam it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back