TechSpot

Computer Freezing

By bluescreenNoob
Jul 4, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a problem playing Everquest. My entire computer freezes about 30 percent of the time when I start game or zone into new area. It happens 100 percent of the time when I quit the game. I play on eqemu (it's an emulator) When comp freezes I can only crl-alt-delete and restart. When I try and end task it just hangs, sometime there is a VxD exception. It hardly ever pops up and I haven't had a chance to write down the exact exception. I play a lot of other games with the same minimum req and they play fine.
    I don't think it's the emulator because there's a whole community that plays it and no one has my problem. If anyone can help me I'd be greatful.

I have:

Win98se
    192mb ram
    533mhz celeron
    geforce 2 64mb mx
    Directx 9

My vid card has the most up to date drivers.
  2. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

yeah

your system's too weak..........
  3. bluescreenNoob

bluescreenNoob TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 43

Re: yeah

I exceed the minimum req. I played eqlive fine with the computer I have. The game runs with no slowdowns at all! Please if you can help post, if you have a comment like ^LOOK UP^ please don't. :grinthumb
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

did it do the same thing BEOFRE you installed DX9? you would have been better off sticking with Dx8.1 since you card is not DX9 capable.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.