Computer freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick1974

Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum, but after a while my pc will freeze, the screen goes blank and the pc just stop responding. The monitor comes up with no signal. The power light on the pc stays on and so does the hd light. Only way to to overcome this problem is to hold the power button in and reboot. Now this has happend a few times, even when the pc is "at rest" by that I mean just sat downloading. Could it be a virus? I have PC Cillin installed and it hasn't detected anything. Suggestions please....
Also, just played c&c zero hour for the first time in ages, and after about a minute of playing, I self destruct, Coincidence? I have recently replaced my motherboard and graphics card, which after some minor problems now runs fine. The Freezing problem has only started a couple of days ago. The pc has been running fine untill now.

my first guess would be you might have an under-powered power supply. What graphics card and mobo do you have and how many watts on that psu?

The more info you post on your specs, its somewhat easier to determine the problem*

go into your bios and reset to default. It could be a number of problems, psu not strong enough, setting too high for the pc's capabilities. Sounds like a power issue though, in one way or another, too much for the pc's hardware or not enough, possible answers, get a better power supply, or try to set pc to defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back