TechSpot

Computer Games ?

By RickM
Jul 26, 2007
  1. Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
    The last computer game I bought was probably 3 years ago.
    It was Quake 4 ...
    I remember when the local stores..Best Buy - Comp U.S.A. - Circuit City etc. would have a large selection of PC games to choose from, now they seem to be have fallen away to almost non existantance.

I do not know if it is because of the Sony Playstation 3 or Xbox.

My general question is .... where can I find any computer games or information on where to purchase them. Is there a magazine on PC games with reviews like there used to be a few years ago ?
    Any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Rick M

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

Yes, consoles certainly have taken up a great deal of the market. A main reason is because it is much simpler to code for a console than a PC. There are many variables when coding for a PC: Operating System, Video Cards, CPUs, etc.

If you want to find out about PC games I suggest online sites like Gamespot.com or Gamespy.com -- there are many others.

I purchase many, but by no means all, my PC games from Amazon.com which has a large selection, but my local Best Buy and Wal-mart are fairly decent.

3. aznn3rd

aznn3rd TS Rookie Posts: 139

Most popular PC games can still be found at large stores like Best Buy. In fact, even places like Target and Walmart have a decent supply of games. However, for some reason I cant find many PSP games anywhere.

4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

I agree with aznn3rd, I can still find new releases at Best Buy. Amazon is a good resource as well. I have ordered many PC and PSP games from them.

5. Stick'o ram

Stick'o ram TS Rookie Posts: 233

I would say amazon would be your best bet, Bestbuy is also very good. I don't even try to go to our local walmart to buy games anymore. They used to have a whole row for computer games and now its a measly 1/8 of a row with games that have since gone out of style. But they do have every roller coaster tycoon in existence though:rolleyes:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.