Computer Games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
The last computer game I bought was probably 3 years ago.
It was Quake 4 ...
I remember when the local stores..Best Buy - Comp U.S.A. - Circuit City etc. would have a large selection of PC games to choose from, now they seem to be have fallen away to almost non existantance.

I do not know if it is because of the Sony Playstation 3 or Xbox.

My general question is .... where can I find any computer games or information on where to purchase them. Is there a magazine on PC games with reviews like there used to be a few years ago ?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Rick M

Yes, consoles certainly have taken up a great deal of the market. A main reason is because it is much simpler to code for a console than a PC. There are many variables when coding for a PC: Operating System, Video Cards, CPUs, etc.

If you want to find out about PC games I suggest online sites like Gamespot.com or Gamespy.com -- there are many others.

I purchase many, but by no means all, my PC games from Amazon.com which has a large selection, but my local Best Buy and Wal-mart are fairly decent.

Most popular PC games can still be found at large stores like Best Buy. In fact, even places like Target and Walmart have a decent supply of games. However, for some reason I cant find many PSP games anywhere.

I agree with aznn3rd, I can still find new releases at Best Buy. Amazon is a good resource as well. I have ordered many PC and PSP games from them.

I would say amazon would be your best bet, Bestbuy is also very good. I don't even try to go to our local walmart to buy games anymore. They used to have a whole row for computer games and now its a measly 1/8 of a row with games that have since gone out of style. But they do have every roller coaster tycoon in existence though:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back