Computer goes off by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, its hard to tell with no information on it. what kind of programs are you trying to run? laptop or desktop, what kind of place do you keep it in. I'm thinking that your overheating, check the fans to see that their working, if its a laptop, keep it of pillows or anything that might cover the fans. if its a desktop make sure nothing is in the way of the fan. are you trying to run, are you trying to run high memory use programs such as games?

Next time you boot into Windows, do the following:

- Right-click "My Computer" & select "Properties"
- Click on the "Advance" tab
- Under "Startup & Recovery" click the "Settings" button
- Under "System Failure" make sure the box marked: "Automatically Restart" is
NOT ticked.

That way when your PC decided to crash you should see the old Blue Screen of Death! Note the error code and anything else it says.

Cheers :grinthumb

and to add, go to [start>run] and type in %systemroot%/minidumps
post 5-6 of your most recent ones here in a .zip file.

also give your pc a good dusting with a compressed air source

Ok now it wont boot

I get this error message with a blue screen.

"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED"

I tried to boot my computer in Safe Mode but it will take me to this screen again.

Any ideas?

Can't

I dont have access to that. Computer won't boot. I try to restart it but it will go to that blue screen again. Anything I do will take me to that blue screen.(boot in safe mode, safemode in dos, safe mode in a network, or in normal mode) I dont have acces to anything.

when booting up, keep hitting F8 on your keyboard untill it comes up to a boot selection menu.. chose safe mode with command prompt or similar..

be patient.. it may take a while longer to load...

-->if it stops at one file while booting, then post that file

-->if it does boot, then go do the advices posted, and...
-run open up my computer, and each hardrive [right click>properties>tools] and run a checkdisk.
-goto your device manager (right click [my computer>properties>hardware>device manager]) find any devices listed wiht a yellow question mark, and update its driver (right click it, then choose update). You might as well goto windows update and update and well as other drivers...

see how you go.. :)

If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, insert your Windows XP CD, and on the first window after loading, hit R for repair. Then, after logging into an admin account, type chkdsk /r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back