Computer hanging at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" after driver update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I havea homebuilt computer, about 2 months old. It has been working perfectly until today.

Build is as follows:

XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.66GHz
OCZ 2GB DDR3 PC3-16000C9 2000MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1024MB

So I decide to play the L4D demo and Steam kindly informs me that my drivers are out of date. 3 Clicks later drivers are updated from the nvidia site, asks me to reboot, and now it's hanging.

I'm not particularly savvy with bios, but any ideas would be appreciated. I can't imagine this is a hardware conflict as everything has been fine up until now. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new video card drivers......anyway I can fix this easily?

Thanks in advance,

Wow. XFX is the first mobo support site i've seen that is password protected and requires registration for access so i didn't access your mobo docs are see what bios versions are available.

But your problem is most likely a BIOS related issues.
- Before updating your BIOS suggest you read this first
- What BIOS version are you running? (should be display on that very first splash screen when you startup)
- There is a message on XFX support site does come up "We recommend updating the BIOS on your XFX Nforce 790i SLI ( MB-N790-IUL9 ) to version P07. But i don't know if is also true for 790i Ultra SLI (your mobo) is something you need to check
- If their update tools give the option between BIOS update via Windows tool or booting into a BIOS update program, is always best to boot into BIOS update as less chance of anything interrupting/going wrong

Thanks for your reply. I will have a look at my manual/XFX website.

Did I mention that it was the graphics card driver that I installed, and directly after that the problem started?

Thanks for your reply. I will have a look at my manual/XFX website.

Did I mention that it was the graphics card driver that I installed, and directly after that the problem started?

Yes. You did mention that.

- That in combination with the DMI Pool message is why my first gut reaction was it might indicate the real underlying problem is your BIOS
- Unfortunately, the support site is registration/password protected so couldn't look further. BUT considering the home page was filled with BIOS update notices about their mobo's only makes me more suspect of your BIOS and interested in exploring it further.

BTW.. suggest you download manuals from the site (or at least compare manual version numbers) to also make sure you're looking at the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back