Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

D

Dalton

Hi, My computer restarted unexpectedly and I got the error in my event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf15a028, 0xef152a18, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini033011-01.dmp. What could be the cause for this?

Thanks.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ok I attached the dmp file.

Attachments

• Mini033011-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
Okay, well the driver cited as the cause is your onboard video driver vtdisp.dll. Did you build this system and if so what is the make of your motherboard? If you bought it who was the manufacture?

I bought this computer off someone from a site with ads to buy and sell stuff. It was used when I bought it. It is an HP Pavilion a800n and the make of the motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-LA. I am having major issues with the video driver now. I updated it and now MS is saying there is an update for the video driver and I was trying different drivers and then I thought to try just uninstalling the driver and rebooting and looking for a better one then I got the error message saying that my system has recovered from a serious error. Also just before that I got a black screen before booting up saying to start windows normally or from last known configuration and another dmp file was created. I attached the dmp file.

Attachments

• Mini040611-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Back