Computer hit by lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vassal24352

Computer hir by lightning

A freind of mine has a problem with his computer, his house got hit by lightning and went through the antenne at the top of his house. From there it destroyed almost every electronic thing in his house (plasma tv, phones, yadda yadda yadda)but the surge protector saved most of his computer.

k to the problem, before his house was hit he would connect to the internet at 56k, but now it connects at a maximum of 17.3k. I've switched out the modem with mine and a few other ones but it still connects at the slow speed. I have absolutely no clue as to why it connects so slow:confused:

The harse realitys of life. Hopefully its all insured and also clame for the computer say its brokern, sell current 1 and get a kick arse 1, with new modem.

Call the phone company, chances are that the electricity surge mucked up the phone lines, espically since when you gave him your modem it wouldn't connect fast.

Yes, it is definately a problem which lies much deeper than a modem. I would call more than just the phone company, he may want to try giving the power company and ring and anything else that could have been affected by that jolt of electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back