TechSpot

Computer is moving sluggish . . . help?

By big_eric
Jun 25, 2007
  1. Just recently my computer seems to have been moving slower and taking alot of time to load / freezes a lot. My CPU usage keeps on jumping all over the place to and sometimes peaks from 80-100% for a while when running some programs i'm not sure if it's just from the amount of processes i'm running which is about 50 on average or if my computer has caught a bug could you take a look for me?

HJT log attached

2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

Hi,

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
    You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Have HijackThis fix these entries:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

Apart from that, your log appears to be clean. However, as far as I can tell, you do have alot of processes running which may slow down your system.

May I suggest that you read this thread here on how to speed up your system.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of big_eric only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.