Computer is slow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyna

Hi folks, I have a slow computer on my hands. I have followed the preliminary instructions and my combofix and HJT are attached.

Attachments

• ComboFix2.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Also, you have not provided the AVG anti spyware log, as well as the results of the AVG anti-rootkit scan. Please do so in your next reply.

Download the attached "Combofix-Do.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.
Drag the Combofix-Do.txt over on to Combofix.exe and release.

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

I notice that you have bearshare on your system. Please note that there are some versions of bearshare which include spyware. For more information please see HERE.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode and the ComboFix log from the safe mode instructions as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of reyna only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Okay, I think I did what you said... when I dragged and dropped your file onto combofix, it ran but then it closed out the taskbar and left me with a blank computer except for the wallpaper. I had to restart. Then it gave me a log called "combofix.txt.bat" and a "combofix quarantined files" document. Not surprisingly, the .bat file won't upload here. Maybe you know what all that's about.

The rootkit scan was clear, and the rest are attached.

I "uninstalled" bearshare a year ago but obviously it is still there. I asked my husband not to put that crap on my computer and he did anyway.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply.

Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

I noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.
I require you to run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE.

Try renaming the .bat file by deleting the .bat extension, and upload the txt file here.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of reyna only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I am such a tool! Here is my new log, it found nothing.

I attached the .bat file. Hope it helps.

If anyone knows of a tool to remove the traces of bearshare on my comp I'm all ears. I see lots of detailed instructions online on how to do it, but I am afraid I would mess all of that registry deletion up.

Hi,

I'm not sure what file is that, but it definitely is not a normal ComboFix log. Could you try re-running the steps for ComboFix-Do.txt that I provided earlier once more and post the resultant log? Do not touch the mouse and keyboard during the scan as it may cause problems to disrupt the scan.

I'll settle the bearshare thing with you after this.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

Download the attached "removebearshare.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.
Drag the removebearshare.txt that you downloaded earlier over on to Combofix.exe and release.

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Done. I also am posting a fresh HJT log. Is there anything else that you saw that might be slowing me up? Thanks for all of your help.

Hi,

Once again, we'll use combofix to remove some unnecessary startup registry entries.

These include:
Adobe Acrobat
Google Updater
HP Digital Imaging Monitor
HP Image Zone fast start
iTunes Helper
QuickTime task

Download the attached "Combofix-Do.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.
Drag the Combofix-Do.txt that you downloaded earlier over on to Combofix.exe and release.

May I also suggest that you read this thread here on how to speed up your system.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Thanks - I've tried to remove most of those from starting up using msconfig, but it's like it ignored me or something. I started just going into task man and killing those processes if they were running!

I will follow the instructions on that link as well.

Hi,

The entries have been removed from your startup, so they shouldn't be bothering you anymore. Let me know if the link helps with your system speed.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back