TechSpot

Computer junkie now on board

By nojokeve
Jul 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello folks!

I have been an avid computer enthusiast since my first IBM computer that ran Windows 3.1. Ahh. I was just a whippersnapper back then!

Since then, I have become a self taught computer repair person. I used to build and repair desktops, and now have swiched over to laptops (much to my chagrin). I had tried to start a business in computer repair... however 98% of my clients were people with virus issues and no money ( I only charged $50 (minus parts) to do whatever was needed! Sheesh people!) or family who felt free was thicker than blood... or is it blood is thicker than money??!? Either way, I'm still the one broke - not their computers.

SO, here I am... on the forums with an issue I can't resolve on a laptop I am giving to my niece. I'm kinda frustrated about the issue - so I thought that if I posted a "howdy do" here it would take my mind off of the reason I came to TechSpot to begin with. It didnt. And now i'm back to thinking on how broke I am.

Hope everyone is having a great time out there! Party on in the dirty south!

2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Hello and welcome to TechSpot. :)

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. :D

3. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi nojokeve :wave:

Nice to have an experienced hand aboard.

Now the standard stuff.

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)