Computer keeps BSOD

belvis

I am not sure why but recently my computer keep show blue screen and it keeps restart itself. Here I attached the dump file and please help me. Thanks!!

Attachments

• Mini072310-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini072310-02.dmp
It getting worst and worst. Now every time I switch on my computerm, it will auto restart after some times, like about 1 hour later or half an hour later. Here I attached new dump file.

Attachments

• Mini072610-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini072610-03.dmp
  • Mini072610-04.dmp
I read all five minidumps and they are all the same 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited UNKNOWN_ANALYSIS as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

Do the following:

1. Open up the case and clean out any dust. Make sure the system is powered down and if you are going to use a can of compressed air don't turn the can upside down and only use short bursts of air.

2. Check your motherboard for bulging capacitors.

3. Run memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

thank you very much for your detailed explanation. i think mostly is the chipset fan problem as it on and off not functioning. I think that caused it overheat...

Back