Computer keeps crashing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burtonio

:hotouch: Please help, my computer keeps freezing and i can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I've ran Spy Sweeper and Virus scans and have got rid of all infections that come up through them. I installed a blue tooth device which i thought may have been the cause because there was some problem with the driver for that but i have since unistalled that programme. My OS is Win XP, and i'm running service pack 2.

If anyone knows of any diagnostic things for me to try and find out what is wrong i would be very grateful. I've updated the BIOS (hopefully correctly) because i thought that may have been causing some problems but the crashes are still quite frequent!

Any suggestions at all, please post!!

ok, my comp is an HP pavillion a235.uk, 71.5Gig capacity, of which i've used 20.5. Running Windows XP Home edition, version 2002, service pack 2. It also says "Supported by: AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 2.08Ghz, 256Mb of RAM".

Any other details you need, let me know how to find them and i will let you know! Thanks! :)

The crash may be caused by faulty ram or device driver error. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the content of the blue screen

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps to a zip file and attach it here. Techspot has an upper limit of 100K per attachment. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Hey i appreciate you helping me. My comps just crashed so i made a note of what it said on the blue screen and also on the error report i got when i restarted the comp.

The error message said:

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF9EAC5C1, 0XBAAEC408, 0X00000000)

NaiFiltr.sys_ Address F9EAC5C1 base at F9EAA000 Date Stamp 3b78271d

On the error reports contents it said this:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER807f.dir00\Mini100505-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER807f.dir00\sysdata.xml

The error signature had this under it:
BCCode: 1000008e, BCP1: C0000005, BCP2: F9EAC5C1, BCP3: BAAEC408, BCP4: 00000000

OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 768_1

Hope this means something to you!! :eek: Thanks again!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Without the requested minidumps it`s hard to be sure, but the error you have posted refers to NaiFiltr.sys This is a driver for McAfee Antivirus scanning engine.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your McAfee antivirus programme.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I keep receiving this error message when i start windows: 0xc0000017 could not be found or is corrupt! My comp hasnt crashed since uninstalling Mcafee anit virus and reinstalling it again but it sure has hell has been running slow! And sometimes says that the shared memory could not be accessed!?

I did system restore on my computer, and also changed back to SP1 because i thought that i had been getting more crashes since going to SP2 however this has not really helped matters as the crashes are still quite frequent! I have gone back to one of your old messages and have attached the last 7 minidumps from the minidump folder for you to have a look at..... ah problem, it wont let me attach the minidump files.. any suggestions now? :bounce: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xf9a95e0b, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0xf9a95e0b). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini103105-01.dmp.

You will need to Zip your mindump files together and then attach them.

Note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB per attachment, so you may need to attach several zip files.

Regards Howard :)

Ok I figured out getting the dmps on here lol so here they are.. thanks again for any help you can give!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
2 minidumps crash at ati3duag.dll. This is the driver for your video card. Update you video card drivers.

1 crashes at usbohci.sys. This is the OHCI USB Miniport Driver. Try disconnecting usb devices.

1 crashes with memory corruption. Faulty ram? Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram, and running a disk check.

Regards Howard :)

Hi Burtonio,

Can you attach C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini103105-01.dmp here as it crashes at IRQL 1 (ie paging) which is unusual? This is my 2nd time I see IRQL 1 crashes. The culprit of the first occurence is BIOS, Upgrade BIOS and the problem is resolved. I believe that your problem is caused by faulty hardware such as m/b or ram.

Crashing and freezing computer

Hi all. Sorry new to this but here goes. My PC freezes ie either freezes like in an infinite loop or just turns off. When trying to restart a white cursor at the top of the screen appears and the only way to do a restart is to unplug the machine and start again. It happens especially with games but seems to do it with any load on CPU/Memory? Dont know which one. Dont know if this is related but cant get the FSb to 133mhz only 100mhz in the bios (PC wont even start up) so my 2000xp Ahtlon is only a 1250Mhz. Only been trying to look for answers for about a year Doh.

Specs
Windows xp pro SP2
256 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
Soyo KT333 DRAGON Ultra
ATI AIW 9800 SE
ST380021A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100) Hard drive

Thanks in advance!!!!!
PS Tried attacching a *.dmp file but wont let me. Says wrong type of file.

Hello Chrissie_nw and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions.

Then start a new thread in the Windows OS forum please.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Don't seem to be getting any better howard! lol... i rly appreciate your help btw.. if you could explain in lame mans terms how i should go about fixing my problem i'd be extra grateful!! :)
This is the latest BSOD i received this evening:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
STOP: 0x0000004E (0X00000099,0X00056530, 0X00000007, 0X00000000)

BCCode:4e BCP100000099 BCP2:00056530 BCP300000007 BCP400000000

I'm sure these will be related to the errors i posted up here last week but i'm still confused as to what to do about the faulty ram!!

Will opening up my pc and cleaning the ram sticks make any difference do u think? Even though i dont have a clue what i'm doing i could jus open the comp and have a little dust lol!

I've used a free download called driver detective, after running this it displays a list of things i need to update!

Display adapters
RADEON 9200 SEC
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Network adapters
NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter

Does this sound like the sort of thing that's causing my computer to crash? And where can i get these updates??

my computer keeps crashing. i need some help because i don't know what to do anymore. i've installed the video drivers several times but it is still the same. only i don't have ny drivers installed it doesn't crash. here are the minidumps.

Driver Errors

Hey! I decided to come to TechSpot for help because people actually seem willing to help. I have a year-old HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop. It has an Intel Pentium M processor and 1.60 GHz with 504 MB RAM, that runs Windows Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 with Service Pack 2 also installed. I seem to have the same problem as the original poster. My computer used to run amazingly. I have Norton Internet Security/Anti-Virus 2006. I installed Kensington Bluetooth recently and ever since then my computer has been crashing. I've never seen the screen that comes up though. However, I do receive the following messages - C:\DOCUME~\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d6.dir00\Mini062306-01.dmp and C:\DOCUME~\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d6.dir00\sysdata.xml. I believe these are STOP errors, but I am not for sure. I've repeatedly run my Norton scans, along with Ad-Aware and Windows Defender (which runs scans daily as does Norton) to no avail. I do not believe that my OS is running faulty. I had to reinstall it in February due to a virus. Again, the crashes only started after I installed the Bluetooth hardware. Any help would be great, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back