Computer keeps rebooting automatically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tES_tHehYBriD

OK, so... I've got a new computer a few weeks ago... And it worked fine...
But, starting yesterday, it keeps automatically rebooting randomly. It can range from 2 minutes to 2 hours after the start of the session. Someone suggested this is due to the Temporary Internet Files, or the files in the "Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp" folder...
Even after deleting these, the problem persisted. I have updated all my drivers, and still no result. Can anyone please help?

See if you have any minidump files, C:\Windows\minidump. Attach five of the most recent in dmp file format here.

bad drivers - check your minidumps
bad ram -test with memtest 86+
bad psu - check with a psu tester or voltmeter

check all three

Tedster said:
bad drivers - check your minidumps
bad ram -test with memtest 86+
bad psu - check with a psu tester or voltmeter

check all three

There are no minidumps, unfortunately... And I checked if there's some sort of option for this (for example, theres an option for instant restart instead of a blue screen error, problem which I had with WoW a while back), and in My computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings, I found the "Write debugging information" set to "Small Memory Dump" and the target folder "%System Root%\Minidump, which I suppose refers too Windows\Minidump...

As for memtest86+, I don't exactly understant it's mechanics... How am I supposed to use it? (I'm what you would call a newb at these things)...

And from what I understand, a psu or a voltemeter would require me too open up my computer, which I can't, because I would lose the guarantee for it. I can bring it to service, but it's kind of a very long way from where I live and I'd preffer if there would be some other way...

Thank you for your patience and thanks in advace...

Yours truly as always,
TH

What is the make and model of your computer? You may be able to do a "system restore" to revert to a previous time before yesterday when the restarts began. The computer is still under warranty. If you can't resolve this issue, you will have to take it back to where you bought it, and let the techs fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back