Computer keeps rebooting. Help with minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer keeps rebooting unexpectedly.
I will provide more information if necessary.
Attached, are my latest minidumps.

Much thanks to any response.

Attachments

• MINIDUMPS.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi there,
It's actually my daughter's computer that has the problems. It's a self build (by my other daughter and her husband). The sound card has never worked except when first installed. However the main problem now is that since loading the software to download her photos from the camera the computer shuts down and restarts every time it gets to the windows desktop. This happens over and over again and she can't get to do anything.
Same sort of problem but no answers I'm afraid.

i assume jules2607 and NSA_KEY are one and the same?

NSA_KEY's minidump readouts:
121706-18 >DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) >IMAGE_NAME: NISDRV.SYS
121706-19 >same as above.
121706-20 >same as above.
121806-04 >same as above.

NISDRV relates to Norton Internet Security 3.0 and/or Norton Personal Firewall. Update it with the Liveupdate application or get rid of it all together, and replacing it with some better apps like AVG Free, Kerio Personal Firewall and Spybot S&D.

No. I think jules2607 is just having a similar problem.
I was previously having problems running Liveupdate for Norton Personal Firewall. Replacing this program would not be a problem…it’s a bit outdated anyway.

I am running Kaspersky Antivirus. I think I will stick with it.
I am familiar with Spybot S&D. I run it occasionally.

What you have said makes a lot of sense to me. I appreciate your help very much.

Thanks.

NSA_KEY
have you tried Kerio Personal Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free as a replacement for the firewall?

jules2607 said:
Hi there,
It's actually my daughter's computer that has the problems. It's a self build (by my other daughter and her husband). The sound card has never worked except when first installed. However the main problem now is that since loading the software to download her photos from the camera the computer shuts down and restarts every time it gets to the windows desktop. This happens over and over again and she can't get to do anything.
Same sort of problem but no answers I'm afraid.
Can you get into safe mode?

Time to do a few things.

Go to Start >Run and type in chkdsk /f

Go to the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and upload 5 of the most recent ones here.

How does she transfer her photos through? USB/card reader/software etc. More info the better.

Computer keeps rebooting

Our problem is that we couldn't get to run in safety mode but we have sorted it by going tpo system restore so OK for now. Many thanks anyway

N3051M:

To maintain "forum etiquette” and keep you “posted”…

Your suggestions have alleviated the problem 100%.
Thank you.

To answer your question: I coincidentally chose ZoneAlarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back