Computer keeps restarting after returning to stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokonator

ok so i have this problem.
i recently oc'd my q6600 and i went into bios this morning and i returned it back to stock.. after i returned it to stock 2.4ghz my computer doesn't even turn on.
it turns on for like a second then it turns off. and repeatedly restarting my comp. i don't see anything . nothing on the monitor shows up. no start up. nothing. = / i don't know what's wrong with it.

Try clearing your cmos, your mobo manual will tell you how to do it.

I cant give you anymore advice than that as you have given no details of your pc.

thanks alot . it worked :D im back and running :D
q6600 @ 2.4
Abit IP35pro
2x 1gb ddr800 crucial ballistix
8800gts 640 mb
corsair 620 psu
250 seagate barracuda
antec 900 case

that's my system :D
but my comp works now. thanks alot :D

sorry to bother again. but it worked fine last night. but today when i try to boot up my comp. it did the same damn thing = (. i don't know what's going on. i try resetting the cmos but it's still not doing the job = (.
think you can help me out?

yeah i tried all of that but it didn't work. but then i booted up with holding insert and it worked . then everything worked out fine . up and running now. i was wondering if i were to OC my q6600 . on a 1:1 ratio. what would be the highest i could get without changing any voltage and it being stable?

i have a thermalright ultra 120 extreme .
with the above post specs?

You will probably have to overclock the same way i did, experimentation. Just remember to keep a very close eye on those temperatures.

Every system is different so its not possible to accurately predict how far it will overclock.

kk thanks :D. my area is super hot so i can't oc it too far :D. that's why i don't really wanna change the voltage much. what's a safe temp? idle/fully loaded? what shouldn't it pass?

can anyone help?
the comp died again for no reason . it just restarted itself. = /. and now it doesn't boot. i tried clearing the cmos but that doesn't seem to be doing the job. comp starts up for like 2 seconds and it shuts down and restarts it self. anyone know what's the problem?

well my core temp on idle never exceeded 41C and priming was at 60. so it wasn't say tooo hot. i didn't OC it for long. i just built the system like a month ago. OC'd it to 3.2 and it never exceeded 41C idle. and prime max got my temp to about 63C.

and btw. i let it cool down all night for about 12 hours . removed the battery . for about 5 minutes. put it back on. still does the same thing = /. i dont know why = (.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back