Computer Keeps Restarting When Game Playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have noticed that there are many threads like this around and I have read some but every case is sort of individual so I thought it may be best to start a new thread.

I recently got a new computer built for me, but when I am playing games, specifically World of Warcraft it keeps restarting itself.

When I first had the computer less than a week ago I played Quake 3 on it and it seemed fine, then I put in a Wirless Card in the PCI slot below the graphics card and it seems to be restarting on games.

I downloaded the .NET Framework version 2 and it seemed to have sorted the problem but then after about 1 hour of play the problem started all over again.

My Spec is:

AMD Athlon 64bit 4000+ with Fan
MSI RD480 Neo2
ATI Radeon x850 XT Fuelled by Sapphire (Has a fan)
Sansun 600w PSU
2 x 1GB RAM
2 x Hiper 80 mm UV case fan
300GB 16MB Cache Hard Drive
DVD-RW (cant remember the spec)

The only otherthing I can think of mentioning is that one of the fans makes a noise, I think it hasnt totally bedded in properly.

I hope this will help you, anything else I will try but my knowledge of computers isnt that vast.

Hope someone can help its driving me nuts.

First thing to try is moving the network card down a pci slot or 2 so that the graphics card gets better airflow. Then maybe get speedfan from the downloads section amd monitor temperatures for a while.

Yeh I didnt think it was the perfect place for it, but annoyingly it is the only place for it. There is a fan on the graphics card and it covers the other PCI slot. I dont know whether it is the graphics card or not but the fan is cased in and nothing is blocking the airflow to the fan. I was checking the temperature of the Graphics card and it was around 55 highest it got to was 65.

My PSU has just blown though so I dont know whether it was that (I am using my other computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back