By Shuesplace
May 7, 2007
  1. Well first of all i'll give up my system specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte S-series Model: GA-M55SLI-S4 rev.2.0 supports Amd Am2 duo
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
    Ram: Wintec 2x 512Mb DDR2 800 Mhz
    1x Seagate SATA 320Gb HDD + 1x Seagate PATA 120Gb HDD
    Video Card: Nvidia GForce 7300 GS

I just put this pc together myself(first build), and im having a problem, my pc keeps losing all power(it doesnt shut down, it shuts off). Its not the PSU, i've tried 4 different ones. Its not the cooling, i checked that and the temps are where they're supposed to be. I've tried using just one stick of ram and i've alternated them. I dont think it could be the OS b/c i booted it the other day and before i could get into the bios is shut off on me. I've checked every wire to make sure everything is plugged in completely, everything is up to date. I've probably torn this pc apart about 6 times already, trying to figure out whats wrong with it. I'm going out of my mind. Can anybody help me?! I'd very much appreciate it.

2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Wintec is not a very popular brand, it could be corrupt. Attempt running memtest, that will prove if its the RAM or not. You said you tried different power supplies, how many watts were they?

P.S. I'm pretty sure you meant GeForce. And there is no such thing as an AMD Duo. Duo has to do with Intel's CPUs.

3. Shuesplace

Shuesplace TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya i meant Geforce, i've used a 380 watt, 400 watt, 450 watt, and 500 watt

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

provided your PSU is powerful enough, I would say it is your el cheapo ram.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.