Computer Lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please go and read this thread HERE, then post a fresh renamed HJT log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of sugartaspice only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

sugartaspice said:
Computer running slow, takes a long time to open programs and internet explorer

Have you defragmented your PC of late?

How much RAM have u got?

Is your hard drive full, have you got Norton :D have u recently installed any new programs ?

Not everything is to do with HJT ;)

Not everything is to do with HJT

That`s quite true, but without looking you wouldn`t know would you? :p

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of sugartaspice only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

howard_hopkinso said:
That`s quite true, but without looking you wouldn`t know would you? :p

Thats true but I see HJT as one of the last things to do not one of the first things to do, it seems a bit like rewiring a house just because a fuse is blown in the kettle (thats probably the worst analogy ever) lol

I suppose its horses for courses
icon5.gif

I do see your point, but it only takes five minutes to post and analyse a HJT log.

There`s no point in trying to figure out what`s causing a system slowdown if there`s a possibility of malware at work. Knowing that a system is clean, makes the job of working out what`s caused a system slowdown easier.

In fact making sure there are no nasties on a system can help to narrow down a lot of system problems, That`s because infections can cause such a wide variety of symptoms

I agree about the horses for courses thing lol.

There`s absolutely no point in posting a HJT log unless it been renamed.

Your HJT log is clean.

The only thing I can see that`s slowing your system down is Symantec/Norton Crapware.

It is known to be a resource hog.

I recommend you start by getting rid of it and install something a little less resource hungry.

Alternative antivirus/firewall software can be found HERE.

If you have any problems in uninstalling Symantec/Norton, take a look at this thread HERE.

You might also want to take a look at this thread HERE. It will show you how you can speed your system up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back