Computer Lemon? Brand new computer keeps on crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what to do anymore, I recently made a computer purchase (Fry's 8050) and It keeps on crashing on me! I never had these kind of problems on my old Sony Vaio. It keept on crashing and restarting by itself out of no where, and giving me the BSOD. Whenever I get the BSOD I get the same message:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X8054A51A, 0XB1234B28, 0X00000000)

Here are my system specs

Windows XP - Professional(5.1.2600) SP2 MCE
AMD Anthlon 64 x2 3800+
Frequency 2000 MHz
L1 Cache 128 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB
Socket 939

Bios

Phoenix Technologies
Date: 07/15/2005
Version: 6.00 PG
Size 512 KB

ATA 250 GB Hard Drive
Memory: 2016 MB RAM
Mainboard: RS480-M
VideoCard: ECS RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (0x5954)
Mode: 1280x1024 32 Bit

I'm getting a headache over this computer :knock:. I restored my PC several times already and I keep on running into the same problems. Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks

-EDIT

btw, here are the mini dump files

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The error that you`re getting is often a hardware incompatiblity issue, or a driver issue.

One of your minidumps crashes at SSI.SYS. I can`t find any info about this driver. Do you recognise it?

One of your minidumps crashes at SYMEvent.SYS. This is your Symantec Event Library. Sometimes turning off the live update for your Symantec/Norton security product can solve this known issue.

Alternatively, you might want to try a different security product.

One of your minidumps crashes at ntkrpamp.exe. This is a Windows system file. Try running Windows updates.

One of your minidumps crashes at ALCXWDM.SYS. This is your onboard sound driver. Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the driver. Check with your mobo manufacturers website for a updates drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back