Computer (Motherboard) doesnt recognize ANY usb device

Pedro N

Hey guys... Recently I had a problem with a computer that the motherboard was fried, so I had to buy a replacement.

The weird thing here is, I replaced the motherboard, and everything works great, except the computer doesn't recognize ANY usb device... No Keyboard, no Mouse, no Storage Device, nothing!

The original Hard Drive was running Windows XP so I thought probably it would be software or driver issue, so I plugged in an external hard drive that has Windows 8.1 installed as a bootable option.

Same thing happened on Windows 8.1 No USB device recognized, only the popup that say that the device was not recognized...

Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to solve it?

Can you navigate BIOS screens before the OS attempts to load? If so, the mouse/keyboard works.. therefore it must be the OS...if so, perhaps a reinstall of an OS will fix it... otherwise you should poke around in BIOS for any setting which might have turned off USBs.

Generally, motherboards have to be specifically configured by the OS...once that is done, then the most current drivers from the motherboard manufacturer have to be installed... then you can go back to the OS and download and install all the latest updates.

When you install a new motherboard, it is like building a new computer system..so go one step at a time.

Back