Computer noise, integrated sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock4MUSIC

Hi, lately i been going nuts with this noise. Every time i plug in my head phones into my pc, it sounds weird,annoying. How can i fix this? Any advice?

PC SPECS:
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz 5-5-5-15
EVGA nForce 750i SLI (Socket 775)
512MB GeForce 9800 GTX+ (EVGA)
Audio:
Sound Card
High Definition Audio Device
Playback devices
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) (default)
Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Digital Output Device (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device)
Recording device
Digital Input Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

Another thing, I have a MBOX 2 PRO FIRE WIRE (Audio Interface), It was doing the same thing, i thought it was the Box it self, i switch back to my old unit, (It sounded perfect).
Could the issue be The motherboard?Drivers?
-Thanks ROCK

I would download and install the latest sound drivers for the motherboard to see if that fixes it. What exactly are you hear, buzzing, whining or just garbled sound? I know some integrated sound adapters have effects that you can apply so make sure you have those disabled and maybe reset the EQ for now. You should also make sure to set speakers to 2.1 when using headphones, or just select headphones as you speaker type.

HI bro, Ill check into download updates for the motherboard, when i crank up my monitors, it sounds like a pitch of wild frequency something similar when you don't plug your head phones correctly into a mp3 player.

I think it's just the cable connecting the speakers to your computer. Try another audio device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back