Computer not wanting to turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is a bummer. My computer is not wanting to turn on. This problem started happening after my taking out the video card and cleaning it, then putting it back in. I push in the button to turn it on, the green light comes on for a split second then goes off and the computer doesn't come on. It's so fast the fans don't even start up. Yes, I've made sure the video card is seated properly. SOMETIMES it will come on and stay, when it did that I went back to check the monitor cable being connected properly, as soon as I touched it, poof. Please help?

I was fooling around in the case, moving some cords around... pushing some in a bit and I can get it to start up, all fans run, everything runs .but it makes 4 beeping noises and I don't remember it doing that. I didn't attach it to a monitor to see what its saying because everytime I move it... it will go poof. I'm beginning to think maybe something is touching the board? I dont know.

i think its probably your video card memory or it could be a faulty power supply... google on how to test for a faulty power supply... if you have another video card, test that.. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back