Computer only recognizes 64bit on a 32&64 bit Vista Disc

MysterioMask

I recently received a laptop that is running a 32 bit version of windows vista. But no matter what I do it blue screens before I ever actually get into the operating system, safe mode doesn't work either it either locks or blue screens.

I have a duel 64&32bit vista disc. So I was going to try and repair with the disc but when it loads the disc it says it cant do anything with the disc because its not a 64 bit system.

So the question is is there a way to make it read the 32 bit portion of the disc or can I make another disc with just the 32 bit on it to load.

Alternately, can I run a chkdsk on it somehow or make it work or get into a safe mode or anything without the disc.

Run a Linux LiveCD. If that runs fine then you can troubleshoot the windows install. If that also crashes then you've got faulty hardware and mucking about with Windows installers won't help.

Linux installed fine. Rather than mess with trying to get vista I think ill just stick with Unbuntu, thanks. I didn't think about installing Linux till you mentioned it.

Back